I rarely enter contests. I’ve always thought they were a waste of time and energy. Statistically, the chance of winning is so low, I never saw the point.
I’m not a huge fan of games either. I don’t like feeling like a loser when I lose, and I don’t like the feeling of winning when it means someone else has to lose.
I also experience #FOLLAJA.
Yes, I created a hashtag (which also puts me at risk of FOLLAJA).
FOLLAJA – Fear Of Looking Like A Jack Ass.
So for most of my life, I’ve only played when I couldn’t find a way out of playing.
Recently, though, I realized there are too many games in life I’ve only experienced from the bleachers.
It’s time to change that.
Time to lace up my shoes and step onto the playing field and see what happens.
Are you participating in your “game of life” or are you watching from the sidelines, focused on what everyone else is doing or how they are playing their game?
This week I entered a contest. I put time and energy into it. I gave it the best shot that I could. And if I score a win, that would be AWESOME!
But I can honestly say that just getting in the game, has been AMAZING!
I would love to know what your “game” is and whether you’ve been playing “all-in” or if you’ve been watching from the safety of the sidelines? Share it in the comments or in the Start Today and Continue Tomorrow Facebook group.
Did you know you can download this episode directly to your mobile device for listening on the go? Great times to listen include when walking/running/exercising or when driving to work or doing errands. Enjoy!
Lots of mentions this week:
- Audrey Groeshel’s podcast “Women are the Journey.” Visit her Facebook page, or check it out on your favorite podcast app.
- Wendy White, Business Development Coach and her Facebook group: The Departure Lounge: Land coaching clients with your unique message.
- My word for 2019 is Release. I was encouraged to find a theme song for this word and found Release Me by Agnes. If you listen to the song in the context of it being about your relationship with your negative inner voice or critic, it becomes really powerful!
- If you aren’t familiar with the concept of Choosing One Word as a Lens to Your World, I talk about the power of it in episode 107.
- Ep117: Stop Stalling and Make a Decision was about the effect NOT making a decision can have on your life. I also shared tips on how to make decisions; the steps to take; and the danger of thinking that today’s decision is “good enough for now.”
- Ann of Naturalenergyjewelry.com created this lovely Ruby in Zoisite pendant.
- If you are ready to make small changes that will get you in the game, my Healthier Habits Starter Program mini-guide will help you get you going.
- Here are pictures of the pendants I talked about in the episode:
The music for this podcast is Drifting Upstream by Hyson.