We all have those days.
We wake up in the morning, we think we are putting on a pair of favorite blue jeans, but we get to work and discover…
“Oh no! I put on my cranky pants today!”
We warn anyone who crosses our path to beware. “Do not poke the bear!” we advise them. But some people like to live dangerously, don’t they. And so yes, they poke the bear.
In today’s episode, my last one recorded as a lovely (sometimes cranky) 53-year-old woman, I talk about dealing with the stressors in life. Some are self-imposed (as was my case this week) and sometimes we allow them to impose upon us.
In either case, we and the people around us, need to deal with the person we become. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
I talked about some business goals that I had with May 1 deadlines. Here’s the rundown on how I did.
Update website pages. There are live links to the ones I managed to update in time for my birthday.
- Home page – Done
- Start Here page – Done
- Nurture a Dream page – Done
- Patreon page – Almost done. Still need to add a video. Testing for the site failed, so I have to figure out why my account won’t accept sponsor payments.
- Video for Patreon page – Not done
- NAQ/FAQ page – Not done. In progress
Online Training Course – Working on it
- Finish editing training videos
- Upload course materials to Thinkific website (hosting platform for the course)
- Worksheet for the course
- Videos for the course
- Other notes and instructions
- Test course accessibility
- Create (then test) sign up page information/technology
- Create (then test) payment option information/technology
Finalize branding information (colors/fonts/image style) for my business – Working on it
Yikes! That’s a lot of stuff I expected to get done for May 1st!
Here’s a bit of background on these goals. The website and Patreon goals were made on March 1st.
Then on March 6th, I enrolled in an online business training course that has been teaching me about developing online training courses. So I have also been working thru that training program and that is where those goals came from. Why did I use May 1st as the deadline? Because May 1st is my birthday and I love accomplishing BIG things on my birthday!
Have you checked in on the status of your goals lately? Are you on track? Are you ahead of schedule or a bit behind? Did you completely lose your focus and stop working on them?
Any answer is your answer. You are accountable only to yourself. But if it helps to be accountable to others (in fact, it helps most people stay on track better), please join my Facebook group Start Today and Continue Tomorrow. We’ll be your accountability partners!